[LLVMdev] Source file information.

Aaron Gray aaronngray.lists at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 9 05:41:06 PDT 2009

Thanks for your reply. Is it not possible to do with llvm-g++ -g?

Yes

and furthermore, where are SDNode and DebugLoc fields stored?

They are probably classes in the Clang API

 are they in a file which I have to parse myself? if so, is there any way that I use a library to get the file/line information for each instruction?

Yes Clang API :-

    http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/classes.html
    http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/cfe/trunk/

 since, I am writing a pass for opt tool that manipulates the callgraph and want to get the line number information in runOnModule() function.

Thats LLVM, as Edwin says "See Analysis/DebugInfo.h, and opt -print-dbginfo for an example of how
to use it."

    http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/include/llvm/Analysis/DebugInfo.h?revision=74920&view=markup
    http://llvm.org/doxygen/classes.html#letter_D

Anyway theres some pointers,