[LLVMdev] LLVM and Eclipse

Tilmann Scheller tilmann.scheller at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 5 01:39:07 PDT 2009

Hi Oscar,

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Óscar Fuentes<ofv at wanadoo.es> wrote:
>> It might be worth to put an Eclipse CDT project file with relative
>> paths to the header files in the LLVM SVN repository to make it easier
>> for people to use Eclipse in the future (my project files currently
>> contain absolute paths, so they're probably not useful to other
>> people).
>
> CMake can generate Eclipse projects. Have you tried it?
>
> http://www.llvm.org/docs/CMake.html
I just did, works great - all include paths are set up properly (!).

Apparently CMake deletes the C++ files which are generated by
TableGen, is it possible to tell CMake to not throw them away?

I'm impressed how easy this is, you only need to do a "cmake -G
'Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles' $SRCDIR" in your $OBJDIR and import
the project created in $OBJDIR into Eclipse.

Thanks for adding CMake support to LLVM!

Greetings,

Tilmann