[LLVMdev] ModuleProvider materializeFunction

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 4 05:59:38 PDT 2009

I have tracing the calls to materializeFunction in the LLVM code in hopes of determining how to properly utilize this function but from my explorations I gather it's just a hook which is called by the JIT system and I would mostly have to do the work myself.

What is the preferred way to inject a llvm:Function which contains basic blocks into the Module + JIT? My understanding (perhaps erroneous) from some experimentation that modifying the module by inserting functions into it after you have created the EE does not automatically update the EE.

Thanks in advance,

Carter.