[LLVMdev] A beginner question

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 3 21:05:59 PDT 2009

I feel a bit bad for always asking beginner questions here but I am having some difficulties with a runtime error with which I could use some help diagnosing.

1) I am getting the assertion failure

main: Type.cpp:1309: static llvm::PointerType* llvm::PointerType::get(const llvm::Type*, unsigned int): Assertion `ValueType && "Can't get a pointer to <null> type!"' failed.

from this line-

fields.push_back( llvm::PointerType::getUnqual(llvm::Type::Int32Ty) );

Is something needed to initialize the llvm::Type::Int32Ty?

Thanks in advance,

Carter