[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc cross compiler for ARM Linux failing

Bob Wilson bob.wilson at apple.com
Thu Jul 2 22:08:00 PDT 2009

On Jul 2, 2009, at 6:24 PM, Neel Nagar wrote:

> I suspect that my llvm-gcc cross compiler  is using the wrong
> assembler because it does not recognize "-mcpu=cortex-a8".

This is a known problem.  We've only added support for ARMv7
(including cortex-a8) in llvm in the last week or so, and the
associated changes for llvm-gcc are still pending.  Unless you need
specific features of your cortex-a8 processor, you should be able to
make progress getting things to work by specifying an older ARMv6
processor.