[LLVMdev] Building APA

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 2 12:52:35 PDT 2009

Patrick Alexander Simmons wrote:
> Hey, I think I might be having a build problem.  I says here
> [https://agora.cs.illinois.edu/display/llvmgroup/Automatic+Pool+Allocation]
> to load LLVMDataStructure.so and poolalloc.so when using "opt" to
> perform pool allocation.  However, I don't have poolalloc.so -- only
> poolalloc.o.  Does anyone know why this might be?

You don't have a .so because the Makefiles have been changed so that
they don't generate dynamic objects.

Try using the new pa tool (it should be in Debug/bin/pa or
Release/bin/pa depending upon what build you performed).  The pa tool
statically links in all the required libraries and should be more
convenient to use than opt.

-- John T.