[LLVMdev] JIT allocates global data in function body memory

Reid Kleckner rnk at mit.edu
Wed Jul 1 09:57:55 PDT 2009

> We have been JITing kernels and having a memory manager for globals
> would be a big win there (clean up a few hacks to make things go in
> the correct locations).

I'm also guessing that Dale's client at Apple is using a custom memory
manager, since without doing that there's no way to get the size of
the code block in order to send it over the wire.  Adding an
allocateGlobal method would probably allow them to trap it and also
send it over the wire, but they say they don't want to make any code
changes.

I'd like to get some guidance on what's acceptable before I send a
patch to llvm-commits, though.

Reid