[LLVMdev] Recursive compilation detected

Jeff Yeong-Peng Hao jeffhao at umich.edu
Fri Jan 30 15:06:33 PST 2009

Hi,

I've trying to test a pass with a C version of the 171.swim SPECfp
benchmark.  If I run llvm-gcc on the C files, I can generate a functioning
executable.  However, if I use llvm-gcc with -emit-llvm, then run lli on
the resulting bitcode, I get the following error:

lli: /x/jeffhao/llvm/llvm-2.4/lib/ExecutionEngine/JIT/JIT.cpp:467: void
llvm::JIT::runJITOnFunction(llvm::Function*): Assertion
`!isAlreadyCodeGenerating && "Error: Recursive compilation detected!"'
failed.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Jeff