[LLVMdev] Can TargetInstrInfo::storeRegToStackSlot use temp/virtual regs?

Mondada Gabriele g.mondada at etel.ch
Fri Jan 23 03:28:55 PST 2009

Hi,
I'm implementing storeRegToStackSlot() and, in order to store some specific registers (floating point regs and address regs) I've to copy them to more standard regs and copy these last ones to the slot.
I tried to generate instructions that use physical registers, but by doing that I overwrote registers already assigned by the register allocator.
Is it possible to use virtual registers in the instructions generated by storeRegToStackSlot()?
This function is called by the register allocator. So, if it needs to store regs on a slot, this means that there is no more registers available. So, I cannot believe that it is able to allocate new virtual registers generated by storeRegToStackSlot().
What is the good way to implement this ?
Thanks a lot
Gab