[LLVMdev] CMake Win64 build status

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Wed Jan 21 17:25:55 PST 2009

Tim Foley <tim.foley.is at gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

> Unfortunately, it looks like the VS 64-bit compiler assigns symbol names
> differently from the 32-bit compiler, so where /INCLUDE:_foo was the right
> thing for 32-bit you seem to need /INCLUDE:foo for 64-bit. Manually editing
> the generated .vcproj file for llc got me past this error for now.

I've committed a tentative fix for this.

> The next problem I ran into is that the CMake-generated X86.vcproj project
> doesn't pull in the llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86CompilationCallback_Win64.asm
> file.

This one requires a bit more work. I need to learn if CMake has some
sort of direct support for assembler. If not, a custom command will
do. But I have no much time for experimenting on my slow Windows
machine, so it may miss the 2.5 deadline.

Patches welcome! :-)

[snip]

> I may have to try out the old llvm.sln to see whether I can get a working
> build out of it... I just wanted to bring these issues up before you close
> out the 2.5 release! :)

Thanks for the feedback!

--
Oscar