[LLVMdev] linux build problem

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 13:30:39 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 1:55 AM, Rafael Espindola <espindola at google.com> wrote:
>> I do have a concern that this might have regressed the Fortran FE.
>> Could you (or someone who runs it) test this?
>
> I noticed my patch was applied and then reverted. I am curious, why
> was it a problem for the Fortran FE?

Reverted, but with a better fix. :-) I wanted to keep it more in sync
with Apple's GCC. The Fortran FE has had a lot of troubles with these
warnings. Your patch reverted things back to how they were before the
merge, i.e. to the way that would cause the warnings to occur. I don't
know why, because the warning mechanism of GCC is opaque to me.

-bw