[LLVMdev] Load from abs address generated bad code on LLVM 2.4

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Tue Jan 20 02:10:32 PST 2009

Chris Lattner wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2009, at 7:55 AM, Andrew Haley wrote:
>
>> This is x86_64.  I have a problem where an absolute memory load
>> The current LLVM trunk does not have this bug.  This seems quite a
>> nasty
>> bug; is there any chance of a bug-fix release for LLVM 2.4, or
>> should I
>> just use LLVM trunk until LLVM 2.5 ?
>
> As others have pointed out, using a global and addglobalmapping is a
> great workaround for the problem.

Thanks.

> We generally don't do "dot" releases, since we have a short release
> cycle anyway.  The 2.5 release process is slated to start this week.

Mmm, but the problem is that interfaces keep changing, so simply
upgrading to the latest release isn't possible.  Even the tiny
test case I posted doesn't work with the latest version: there
were changes needed to get it to compile.  Also, I can no longer
figure out how to turn on debugging dumps in the JIT.  The simple

   DebugFlag = true;
   CurrentDebugType = "x86-emitter";

no longer works, and there seems to be no replacement for it.

Andrew.