[LLVMdev] Trying to install gcc front end...

Veniamin Ilmer vilmer at eden.rutgers.edu
Mon Jan 19 09:37:28 PST 2009

Hello all,
I'm trying to install LLVM with the gcc front end. (Using gcc release 4.2 with LLVM 2.4)
I tried installing it using the bash code here:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/llvm-gcc/llvm-gcc/PKGBUILD

Unfortunately after it built and compiled everything, I ran into a problem.
Apparently some gcc-libs 4.3.2 libraries conflict with the gcc 4.2 front end.

I got this log in this error:
llvm-gcc: /usr/lib/libgomp.a exists in filesystem
llvm-gcc: /usr/lib/libgomp.spec exists in filesystem
llvm-gcc: /usr/lib/libmudflap.a exists in filesystem
llvm-gcc: /usr/lib/libmudflapth.a exists in filesystem
llvm-gcc: /usr/lib/libssp.a exists in filesystem
llvm-gcc: /usr/lib/libssp_nonshared.a exists in filesystem

Do you know how to get around this problem? I cannot remove or downgrade gcc-libs because a lot of my applications require the latest version (gnutls, libsmbios, mesa, poppler, thunderbird, xulrunner).

What should I do?

Thank you,
Veniamin