[LLVMdev] ocaml build system

Nick Lewycky nicholas at mxc.ca
Mon Jan 19 10:50:47 PST 2009

I have an issue with the OCaml build system and the ExecutionEngine.

PR2128 has a patch to change the Interpreter to use libffi. This breaks
test/Bindings/Ocaml/executionengine.ml because OCaml doesn't try to link
with libffi, even though llvm-config knows that we should:

   $ Debug/bin/llvm-config --ldflags interpreter
   -L/home/nicholas/llvm-commit/Debug/lib  -lpthread -lffi -ldl -lm -lelf

If I run 'ocamlc' by hand and pass it '-cclib -lffi', the test succeeds,
so this is the only remaining problem. Is anyone familiar with how Ocaml
knows what libraries to link against? We can't just pass `llvm-config
--ldflags interpreter` to ocamlc because it doesn't support the -L argument.

Does anyone have any ideas how this ought to work?

Nick

PS. why is it Bindings/Ocaml and not Bindings/OCaml?