[LLVMdev] Volunteers needed for LLVM Release Team

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Fri Jan 16 05:59:10 PST 2009

Hi,

You don't need to install a C compiler to use LLVM from Haskell.
The ghc Haskell compiler comes with all the necessary bits to build
binaries (which happens to include a (hidden) GNU tool chain).
The header files are barely needed at all, just the include/llvm-c/*.h
files to pick up some enum values.  config.h and llvm-config are not
used at all.
The .a files are needed to link everything together.

If llvm.org is not going to put up header and library files then I'll
put them somewhere myself so as to make installation smooth for
Haskell users on Windows.

  -- Lennart