[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Testing and CMake

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Fri Jan 16 05:14:09 PST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> Hmmm...
>
>  CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS
>       Use relative paths (May not work!).
>
>       If this is set to TRUE, then the CMake will use relative paths between
>       the source and binary tree.  This option does not work for more
>       complicated projects, and relative paths are used when possible.  In
>       general, it is not possible to move CMake generated makefiles to a
>       different location regardless of the value of this variable.

I have seen those warnings as well, but it works and it solves the problem
of having portable vcprof-file which was generated. (that what I thought
was one of the questions in that thread)

>> In addition we are setting
>>
>> set(CMAKE_SUPPRESS_REGENERATION ON)
>>
>> in order to not have a dependency on the CMakeLists when creating the
>> vcproj-file.
>
> This looks like asking for trouble. Why are you doing this?

To generate an independent vcproj-file from a CMakeFile. Here, we don't
want/can't send the CMakeLists.txt to the other users and force them to
use Cmake. They are expecting a vcproj-file. Using it this way simplifies
my life of having only one build system for Linux/Windows...

Patrick.