[LLVMdev] Volunteers needed for LLVM Release Team

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Thu Jan 15 17:19:03 PST 2009

LLVMers,

As LLVM grows and begins to support more targets and more frontends, its
becoming a very large task to qualify a release. Therefore, I'm seeking a
couple of active members of the community to volunteer to be a part of the
LLVM release team (for 2.6+). This does not replace general user testing
during the release process.

Members of this LLVM Release Team will need to be very meticulous in
following instructions for release building and testing. They need to be
consistent, reliable, and have an eye for detail. They will also need to
be able to dedicate time to qualify a release every 3-4 months.
Qualification can take as little as a day, but can also take 1-2 weeks.
Each release has a minimum of 2 release candidates and takes a minimum of
1 month to complete a release. I will provide instructions on how to
qualify the releases initially, but this process can evolve over time with
input from the release team.

Ideally, I'd like to have a volunteer for each target that we have
traditionally supported and those in active use/development.  If you see a
target that you would like to volunteer to qualify not listed here, please
let me know.

1) Mac OS 10.5 x86 (I will qualify this target)
2) Mac OS 10.5 PPC
3) Linux x86
4) Mingw x86 (Anton do you want to continue this?)
5) Linux AMD64

If you are interested in being a part of this team, please send me an
email with information about yourself, what target you want to own for
releases, and why you want to be a part of the release team.

I hope to have this team in place for the 2.6 release (~Apr/May/Jun).

Thanks,
Tanya Lattner