[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Testing and CMake (was: win32/llvm.sln, win32/clang.sln)

Patrick Boettcher pb at linuxtv.org
Thu Jan 15 10:48:31 PST 2009

Hi Steve,

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, steve naroff wrote:
> For development, CMake is working great for me. I rarely get build
> errors related to the project file being out-of-date.
>
> Is it true that CMake only generates absolute paths? Any idea on the
> difficulty of generating relative paths? I consider this a pretty big
> obstacle...

I did not follow the full-thread, just reading this Email and I hope I'm
getting it right:

We had the same problem (relative paths) and it turned out to be
relatively (got the language joke here? ;)) easy, at least with cmake 2.6,
in a local project.

set(CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS ON)

It works well for vcproj-generation. In Linux I could not test it
comprehensively yet (as to why it is possible to copy a repository and
build it in its new place w/o re-cmaking.)

In addition we are setting

set(CMAKE_SUPPRESS_REGENERATION ON)

in order to not have a dependency on the CMakeLists when creating the
vcproj-file.

HTH,
Patrick.