[LLVMdev] LLVM DebugInfoBuilder

Patrick Boettcher pb at linuxtv.org
Wed Jan 7 03:22:31 PST 2009

Hi list,
hi Talin,

I'm working on a frontend to generate IR using the IRBuilder from LLVM.

Now I want to add source-level-debuginfo and for that I would like to use the
DebugInfoBuilder as it is taking some of the burderns. Unfortunately it does
not take all of them, yet.

As of today, even in SVN, it only can add a part of information needed. Of
course I also need stoppoint, declare, function.start and region.start - all
the stuff for inside a basicblock.

I'm relatively new to LLVM's Builder-idea, but I'm learning fast ;).

So, let me ask, before adding anything to this class myself, is it

a) the correct way to add the basic-block-stuff to this class?

b) has someone already done something in that direction which is can be shared?
:)

best regards,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de