[LLVMdev] Re ducing LLVM's memory usage

Vitaly C. vitaly.chipounov at epfl.ch
Thu Jan 1 08:50:32 PST 2009

Hi

Vitaly C. wrote:

> Is there are simple way of cleaning the used memory without destroying
> everything (unloading the ExecutionEngine, freeing the module, calling
> llvm_shutdown) ? Ideally I would like something which brings everything to
> the state just after I created the JIT engine for the first time.

I've tried to run the Fibonacci example with Valgrind after having added
delete EE and llvm_shutdown in the main of fibonacci.cpp. Unfortunately, it
gives me a lot of definitely lost blocks.
I also have similar problems with my own code: there is a lot of lost
ConstantInts. From what I saw in the LLVM code, constants are put in a
statically managed structure which is supposed to be cleaned at shutdown.

Vitaly C.