[LLVMdev] Shrink Wrapping - RFC and initial implementation

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Thu Feb 26 16:33:33 PST 2009

Hello, John

> My limited implementation uses a workaround that adjusts the
> generation of prologue code and the frame indices used by
> the target eliminateFrameIndex() when necessary. I am looking at
> several approaches, but I would like input from anyone who
> has an opinion.
I haven't looked into the patch deep enough yet, but I have at least 2 questions:
1. How do all the stuff play with dynamic stack realignment?
2. It seems, that dwarf information about callee-saved registers is invalidated by your patch.
This means, that you won't have sane stack traces in the debugger. Unwinding won't also work.
Have you tried to compile some C++ code, which uses EH?

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.