[LLVMdev] help: about how to use tblgen to constraint operand.

任坤 hbrenkun at yahoo.cn
Thu Feb 19 20:26:44 PST 2009

hi, Dear Evan Cheng:

My cpu is i32 embeded CPU. I define pseudo register pair registers.

In mytargetRegisterInfo.td:
def T0: RegisterWithSubRegs<"t0",[R0,R1]>;
def GPR64 : RegisterClass<"mytarget", [i64], 64, [T0, T1.....]

In mytargetISelLowering.cpp:
I define i1, i8 , i16 and i32 are legal.

1. I still have problem. I save my function return double  value in R0 and R1.
 It is expanded into two i32. But my GPR64 is defined to save i64. llvm finds
 I have i64 GPR register. It will automatically decide not to expand i64 to two i32.

2. I guess I need a special pseudo instruction to move between GPR32 and GPR64.
How to move R0, R1 to T1( R2, R3 pair). and don't convert two i32 to i64?
Could I  use MyTargetInstrInfo::copyRegToReg() to handle this logic issue?

3. Maybe I can  study INSERT_SUBREG/EXTRACT_SUBREG at X86 porting file.

I will  do some research more deeply. I think the best way is that TableGen has register pair TypeProfile feature. :(

But I find i64 data will not be ex
--- 09年2月20日,周五, Evan Cheng <echeng at apple.com> 写道: