[LLVMdev] Parametric polymorphism

DeLesley Hutchins delesley.spambox at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 18 19:31:04 PST 2009

> The same can be said of closures, garbage collection and a dozen other
> features that also cannot feasibly be added to LLVM.
>
> The only logical solution is to build a HLVM on top of LLVM and share that
> between these high-level language implementations.

This is an excellent point.  You have convinced me.  :-)

BTW, what garbage collector are you using for your HLVM?  You
complain about mono's use of the Boehm-Weiser collector on your
blog; but you also said that you assumed an uncooperative
environment.

I'm not a GC expert, so why are the current GC intrinsics insufficient?

  -DeLesley