[LLVMdev] LLVM C bindings

Corrado Zoccolo czoccolo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 09:24:06 PST 2009

Hi,
I find the C bindings for LLVM very useful, since they allow to invoke
LLVM from a wider set of software tools (i.e. llvm-py uses it to
export llvm to python).
Unfortunately, it seems that llvm-c interface lacks major
functionalities, e.g. getting a pointer to a jit-ted function.
It is easy to write a small c++ wrapper to expose the functionality
that one wants (llvm-py does it for the many optimization passes not
available through c binding), but I wonder if it is possible to have a
simpler & cleaner solution, i.e. automatically generating C bindings
from c++ classes.
Or am I missing some obvious way to have the aforementioned
functionality in C without writing wrappers?

Thanks,
Corrado