[LLVMdev] DominatorTree Information required in CallGraphPass

kapil anand kapilanand2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 18:05:39 PST 2009

Hi all,

I am implementing a new pass for LLVM which extends Call Graph
SCCPass. I need DominatorTree Information when I get to individual
function. I have added AU.addrequired<DominatorTree>() and
AU.addRequired<DominanceFrontier>() in getAnalysisUsage() function.

But, when I get to the pass,  Pass Manager gives following runtime error

Unable to schedule 'Dominator Tree Construction' required by '......'

assertion "0 && "Unable to schedule pass"" failed: file "/usr/src/llvm-2.4/llvm-
2.4/lib/VMCore/PassManager.cpp", line 1074

Can't I use dominator Tree Information in case of CallGraphSCCPass. I
found out from documentation that dominator Info can be used in Module
Pass

( http://www.llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMPass.html#getAnalysis )

Thus it seemed feasible that Call GraphSCCPass should also be able to
use Dominator Info.Do I need to add some flag that I need lower level
passes?

Thanks

Regards,
Kapil