[LLVMdev] 2.5 Pre-release1 available for testing

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Mon Feb 9 10:00:09 PST 2009

Hi Tanya, I see the following warnings when building.  I'm not sure
how to fix any of them.  The last one looks like it might be serious
(seems like a job for Chris).

llvm[1]: Compiling Path.cpp for Release build
In file included from Path.cpp:270:
Unix/Path.inc: In member function ‘bool llvm::sys::Path::eraseFromDisk(bool, std::string*) const’:
Unix/Path.inc:661: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result

llvm[1]: Compiling raw_ostream.cpp for Release build
raw_ostream.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void llvm::raw_fd_ostream::flush_impl()’:
raw_ostream.cpp:245: warning: ignoring return value of ‘ssize_t write(int, const void*, size_t)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result

llvm[2]: Compiling LLParser.cpp for Release build
LLParser.cpp: In member function ‘bool llvm::LLParser::ParseGlobal(const std::string&, const char*, unsigned int, bool, unsigned int)’:
LLParser.cpp:448: warning: ‘IsConstant’ may be used uninitialized in this function

Ciao,

Duncan.