[LLVMdev] make TEST=dbgopt donesn't work?

Dan Gohman gohman at apple.com
Thu Feb 5 11:07:30 PST 2009

This is a long-standing quirk of the test-suite Makefiles.

When you run the main llvm configure script, you need to have
an llvm-gcc in your path.

Building and testing llvm on a platform that doesn't already
have an llvm-gcc seems to require this sequence:
   build llvm
   build and install llvm-gcc
   rerun llvm's configure script, with llvm-gcc in PATH
   build test-suite

Dan