[LLVMdev] problems building googletest for 2.5

Tanya Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Wed Feb 4 21:10:12 PST 2009

Google Test requires these CPP FLAGS "-Wno-missing-field-initializers -
Wno-variadic-macros" in order to not output warnings. However, these
flags are only available with gcc 4.X. We don't want to prevent users
from being able to build with gcc 3.X which is the current situation (http://llvm.org/PR3487
).

I've disabled building Google Test in the 2.5 branch. Hopefully
someone can fix this issue and we can get it merged into the release
branch.

Ideally, configure should detect what version of gcc you have and
either use those CPP FLAGS or not (it will output warnings with 3.X).
Or, we just disable building Google Test by default.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
Tanya