[LLVMdev] How does JIT/lli work with bc file?

Heming Cui heming at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Dec 30 19:53:37 PST 2009

Dear all,
     I hope you enjoy your christmas! Recently I started to play lli with
bc. I found that the lli only calls the main() function in bc file and then
does nothing before the main() function returns, which means that the
JIT::runFunction() function is involved only once with the main() function
in bc file. If this was true, then lli does not have any control
to the execution of program. Is this the case?
     What I was thinking lli would do is fetching each LLVM IR instruction
and "execute" it with some tricks. Is there any option for JIT/lli to work
like this?

--
Regards,
Heming Cui