[LLVMdev] updated code size comparison

John Regehr regehr at cs.utah.edu
Thu Dec 17 21:19:57 PST 2009

> Yes, that was my point.  If you want to make a separate section for
> volatile, that would indeed be helpful.

I checked and there are about 37,000 harvested functions containing the
volatile qualifier.  Next time, there will be even more since we'll be
harvesting code from the FreeBSD kernel in addition to Linux.  It doesn't
seem at all clear that it's productive to separate these out.  If people
are really hating volatile and think it leads to unfair results, I'll
probably just #define away volatile next time.

John