[LLVMdev] LLVM MinGW binaries on Vista issue

Jon jon.forums at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 06:40:19 PST 2009

> > Is anyone successfully running the 2.6 binaries as-is on any windows box?
> Yes. They are running successfully since LLVM 1.8 as-is. The usual test
> for mingw binaries includes e.g. Qt compilation via llvm-gcc.

Anton,

First, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Looking at the type of issues discussed on this list, this thread cleary doesn't belong here.  It is little more than noise.  That said, it's not clear where it should be worked.  Quite frankly, this should already be documented in the Getting Started doc.  Either I missed it or it's not there.

Since the mingw binaries are compiling Qt on windows, then my issue should likely be one of:

* incorrect PATH setup...currently using "c:\llvm;c:\llvm-gcc\bin;C:\Windows\system32;c:\Windows;c:\Windows\System32\Wbem"
* incorrect dir structure...currently using "c:\llvm" and "c:\llvm-gcc" as peers...no spaces in dirs...should they be nested?
* missing dependency...e.g. is MSys with a correct /etc/fstab required?

Would you reply with the configuration (llvm* dir layout, PATH, OS flavor, required dependencies) for the test system successfully using the binaries to build Qt?

Assuming the info fixes things on my system, what doc should I mod (FAQ, Getting Started, ??) in order to make this more clear?  I'm assume submitting a standard diff is preferred.

Thank you,
Jon