[LLVMdev] GCC frontend binaries + Darwin10 (Mac OS X)

Eric Christopher echristo at apple.com
Sat Dec 5 14:00:52 PST 2009

On Dec 5, 2009, at 1:27 PM, Nico wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if I want to use 'llvm-gcc' I get:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>  Referenced from: /Users/me/llvm/gcc/bin/llvm-gcc
>  Reason: Incompatible library version: llvm-gcc requires version 8.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 7.0.0
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> So I installed MacPorts and 'libiconv', but I get the same error message. But it _should_ work, because
>
> otool -L /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>
> gives me:
>
> /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib:
> 	/opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib (compatibility version 8.0.0, current version 8.0.0)
> 	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 125.0.0)
>
> Any hint what went wrong?

Fun. My guess is that it's still not loading the right libiconv, but not sure ultimately. I've never seen that problem (and I do run with macports and libiconv on my system).

At any rate, we do have binaries for that system that are shipped with the developer tools.  Otherwise I would try building and running on the same system.

-eric