[LLVMdev] [Cygwin] llvm-gcc-4 bug - popcountsi2.o assertion ""V == V2 && "Didn't find key?""

Aaron Gray aaronngray.lists at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 29 14:42:47 PDT 2009

2009/8/29 Aaron Gray <aaronngray.lists at googlemail.com>

> 2009/8/28 Aaron Gray <aaronngray.lists at googlemail.com>
>
> 2009/8/28 Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info>
>>
>>> Hello, Aaron

>>> This is usual indication that LLVM is miscompiled. I was hurt by the
>>> same hting preparing the prerelease binaries for mingw32 as well. The
>>> solutions were:
>>> - Switch to never gcc
>>> - Compile stuff in debug mode :(
>>

>> Hi Anton,
>>
>> Thanks for the advice, I will start from scratch again tomorrow :)
>>
>> Aaron
>>

> Anton,
>
> Did a non parallel build of LLVM and have now got to stage 3 of llvm-gcc-4
> :)
>
>  I will try again tomorrow with a parallel build again.

Now am getting stage 2 and stage 3 comparison failure  :(

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ang/build/llvm-gcc'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/ang/build/llvm-gcc'
rm -f stage_current
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ang/build/llvm-gcc'
Comparing stages 2 and 3
warning: ./cc1-checksum.o differs
warning: ./cc1plus-checksum.o differs
warning: ./libgcc/_chkstk.o differs
Bootstrap comparison failure!
./passes.o differs
make[2]: *** [compare] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ang/build/llvm-gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage3-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ang/build/llvm-gcc'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Looks like LLVM and LLVM-GCC are broken again on Cygwin. I am using
GCC-4.2.2.

Aaron