[LLVMdev] Buildbots: Apology and Explanation

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Sat Aug 29 02:15:57 PDT 2009

Hi Bill,

> ... Still, people would break the builds and let
> things go for hours or days at a time.

don't forget the time-zone effect.  I regularly get build
failures in the morning, presumably because someone in the
US committed just before going to bed.  I guess they are
happily snoring away when the build-bots (and humans) start
complaining!  So when hours go by without a fix, it might be
because the committer is getting some beauty sleep (or is at
work, and can't do anything from there).

Ciao,

Duncan.