[LLVMdev] std::cout << *MyModule does not work anymore

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Aug 25 14:20:30 PDT 2009

On Aug 25, 2009, at 12:24 PM, Albert Graef wrote:
> Trunk (r80020):
>  raw_fd_ostream(const char *Filename, std::string &ErrorInfo,
>                 unsigned Flags = 0);
>
> It would be helpful to emulate the LLVM 2.5 variant of the constructor
> on both 2.6 and trunk, so that frontend developers don't have to code
> against three different versions of the constructor, if they don't
> need
> the added functionality.

We do not guarantee API stability at all, so this is just the tip of
the iceberg.  At one point we discussed having a Version.h that you
could #include and then #ifdef based on the version number, I don't
know what happened to it if anything.

It seems that it would be relatively easy to get autoconf to make a
include/llvm/Config/Version.h file that did this.

-Chris