[LLVMdev] Regular Expression lib support

Daniel Berlin dberlin at dberlin.org
Mon Aug 24 21:39:16 PDT 2009

> I wasn't aware of Google's regexp library at that time (perhaps it
> didn't exist yet), but if it provides linear execution time that sounds
> good too.

It was internal at the time.
The external version in v8 sadly does code generation. I could look
into open sourcing the non-code-generating simple version we use, if
you want.
But given that speed is not a concern, might as well just use openbsd's.

Our bug database internal to google had plenty of bugs much like
clamav's. You'd think it would be hard to screw up simple string
matching regexps, but apparently you'd be wrong.