[LLVMdev] Regular Expression lib support

OvermindDL1 overminddl1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 17:50:20 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Daniel Dunbar<daniel at zuster.org> wrote:
> This is too heavy, and we don't need the extra features, and regexec
> is well tested and much more standard. Unless there is an overwhelming

'regexec' I had never heard of, figured it was a library, turns out it
is a function call on *nix systems, yea, that is very much not usable
in any way shape or form, and is certainly not a standard if it does
not work on one of the major LLVM platforms (and it is still not a
standard in any pure form since it is not part of the C/C++ standard
headers).  If that is option #2, then option #2 is very unusable.

And yes, if you must know, I program on Windows, which is why I am
pushing to use something that actually works everywhere instead of
just someone's favorite OS (I prefer BSD honestly, but Windows is what
the desktop world is sadly stuck on, so that is what I have to program
for).