[LLVMdev] Having JIT resolve extern "C" functions declared in executible

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Sat Aug 22 14:13:50 PDT 2009

2009/7/4 Albert Graef <Dr.Graef at t-online.de>:
> This is all I ever needed to interface to C functions using LLVM. It's
> really easy. Of course you still need a prototype of the external
> function (function definition without body) in your IR, but that's it.

Hi Albert,

I'm having a similar problem and I found I can't declare the function
and use it, most likely because my syntax is wrong.

I have the function extern'd and am creating only the signature on the
IR code (attached). The idea is that it creates something like this:

My variable is DoubleTy and the expected parameter is also, but I'm
getting this error:

Assertion `(0 == FTy->getNumParams() || FTy->getParamType(0) ==
Actual->getType()) && "Calling a function with a bad signature!"'

cheers,
--renato

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at