[LLVMdev] AliasSetTracker

Marcus Hicks mhicks79 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 20:41:40 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2009, at 4:16 PM, Marcus Hicks wrote:
>
>  I started using the AliasSetTracker, but I have a problem.
>>

> Hi Marcus,
>
> At best, anders-aa is beta-quality.  It probably has several bugs and is
> not really ready to be widely used.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

One thing I notice is that pointers like
extern char *p;
extern char *q;
don't alias with each other.

This seems to be a bug, as the code that loops over globals in Andersens
does make these point to a universal set,
so their points-to should intersect.

Eventually I want all these externals to end up in the same AliasSet, and
then I need a way to check which alias set includes the universal set.

Anyway, I copied Andersens into my project and will try to fix these.