[LLVMdev] Issues with HelloWorld on VMKit

Matteo Migliavacca migliava at doc.ic.ac.uk
Thu Aug 20 00:10:22 PDT 2009

HI I tried to follow the procedure at http://vmkit.llvm.org/get_started.html
.

Builds of LLVM and classpath went fine (after fixing a few dependency
problems).

After compiling a simple HelloWorld with javac I got

../vmkit/Debug/bin/jnjvm HelloWorld

hang for a while and then spits out a

terminate called without an active exception
Abort

I also tried to compile on a machine with gcc 4.1 and Instead I got

jnjvm: /mnt/sdb1/ladyvm/vmkit/include/mvm/VirtualMachine.h:369: T*
mvm::VirtualMachine::IPToMethod(void*) [with T = jnjvm::JavaMethod]:
Assertion `I != Functions.begin() && "Wrong value in function map"'
failed.
Aborted

A friend of mine tried the build process on his machine and got the
same "terminate without exception error"

Any hint on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matteo Migliavacca