[LLVMdev] Test compiler help

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Wed Aug 19 14:45:15 PDT 2009

Hi All,

Thanks for all the ideas, seems that the easiest approach is to create
a single main function and work up the goto statement back and forth
and put a return at the end of every block to avoid unwanted state
change.

Although, if I ever want to merge two pieces of code, which is not at
all unlikely, I might have non-trivial problems. In that case, the
tail call optimization seems a good idea to follow.

Luckily, on both cases, a simple return should suffice to exit the program.

I'm trying to make my code as educational as possible and maybe that
can also help other people to understand the basics of LLVM (when it's
finished)...

cheers,
--renato

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at