[LLVMdev] Solaris (sparc) llc bugs

Fedor Sakharov fedor.sakharov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 22:49:08 PDT 2009

Hello.

I have been trying to check, how llvm works on Solaris recently.
First I have tested lli, whitch seems to execute the bytecode generated
on Linux without any problems. However, llc has failed to generate valid
SPARC assembler code even on the helloworld example. Here is the generated
code:

sakharov at trillian:~$ cat ./test.s

        .text
        .align  16
        .globl  main
        .type   main, #function
main:
        save %o6, -96, %o6
        sethi %hi(.str), %l0
        add %l0, %lo(.str), %o0
        call puts
        nop
        sethi 0, %i0
        restore %g0, %g0, %g0
        retl
        nop

        .section        .rodata.str1.1,"aMS", at progbits,1
        .align  2
        .type .str,#object
        .size .str,15
.str:
        .asciz  "this is a test"

sakharov at trillian:~$ /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc test.s -o test
/opt/SUNWspro/prod/bin/fbe: "test.s", line 19: error: invalid character
(0x40)
/opt/SUNWspro/prod/bin/fbe: "test.s", line 19: error: quoted-string operand
required
/opt/SUNWspro/prod/bin/fbe: "test.s", line 19: error: statement syntax
cc: assembler failed for test.s

I think I could fix llc -march=sparc , just tell me where to start and what
are other known
bugs for 2.5 release.

--
Best regards,