[LLVMdev] Lost target in Triple

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Mon Aug 17 21:59:24 PDT 2009

Hi Yonggang,

I cherry picked some parts of this patch in r7931{4,5}.

The other changes I'm not sure about.

1. Re: mingw, looks fine to me to unify them, but I need someone to
sign off on this (since in theory there could be a difference between,
say, i386-unknown-mingw23 and i386-unknown-mingw64 which someone cares
about).

2. Re: Making the arm and thumb patterns more open; I'd rather not do
this. I'd actually prefer to make the patterns more restrictive, for
example only accept things like 'armv{4t,5,6,7}' instead of 'armv.*'.
Likewise for ppc (my understanding is ppc-x-y has never been a valid
triple). If these changes were only made to synchronize the code with
the patterns clang was accepting, we should go with the more
restrictive tests for now.

Thanks!

 - Daniel