[LLVMdev] Error with apple's linker

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Wed Aug 12 19:41:54 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Nicolas
Geoffray<nicolas.geoffray at lip6.fr> wrote:
> Daniel Dunbar wrote:
>> Do you have know whether this is a regression or not?
>
> I don't think it's a regression, I've been having this error since the
> first time I tried.

Ok.

>> Either way, could you perhaps file a PR and attach the test case?
>
> The test case is rather large (94MB of .bc file) , and I'm not sure how
> to reduce it. I emailed the mailing list to notify the problem and hope
> someone would say "ah I know how to fix that problem" :)

Well, I'll let Nick chime in on whether he wants a 94MB test case. :)

I presume all the inputs aren't really necessary to trigger the bug.
It may be possible to use delta debugging to minimize the list of
input files needed by only linking a subset of the files (and linking
against an external native built version of the dylib, to resolve
undefined symbols against)...

 - Daniel