[LLVMdev] svn down?

Erick Tryzelaar idadesub at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 10 18:40:24 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Ray Fix<rayfix.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I had a question tangentially related to svn.    I am very new to LLVM.  It
> seems like a long road to making my own backend, but I am wading through the
> documentation and experimenting with the code and having a lot of fun with
> it.  I would like to try various experimental things out and also keep track
> of the latest changes.  It seems like this is very difficult to do with svn.
> Fortunately (or so I thought), last week I found that http://repo.or.cz/ was
> hosting a mirror of the repo in git.  This gives me exactly what I want--the
> ability to try out things without disturbing anyone but also allows me to
> keep current.    I could be wrong about this, but it seems like the git
> mirror stopped working about 3 days ago and I wonder it is because of the
> server policy change.  I am wondering if using an outside resource like this
> frowned upon?  (i.e. considered an abusive practice)  Is there a better
> work/learning flow that you can recommend?
> Thank you,
> Ray

Hi Ray!

There was an email thread about how to work with git-svn and the llvm
repository just a couple days ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/llvm-dev/browse_thread/thread/ec1422325054773f/76f76695f5c0c7df

It recommended doing this:

    git clone git://github.com/earl/llvm-mirror.git llvm
    cd llvm
    git config --add remote.origin.fetch '+refs/remotes/*:refs/remotes/*'
    git fetch
    git svn init https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk
    git svn rebase --local