[LLVMdev] modify cmakefiles to set the default triple of msvc and mingw to i686-pc-mingw

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Sun Aug 9 15:48:13 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Óscar Fuentes<ofv at wanadoo.es> wrote:
> Eli Friedman <eli.friedman at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> MSVC *is* continuously checked; see
>> http://google1.osuosl.org:8011/builders/clang-i686-xp-msvc9.  Anyone
>> who breaks the MSVC build will get a nastygram from buildbot.
>
> This is new news for me.
>
> If the developer who broke the msvc build receives a nastygram, would he
> urged to fix it when he has no msvc compiler and probably no Windows
> machine either? The "don't break the build" mantra applies to *nix
> only. No LLVM developer will be bashed for breaking the msvc build.
> Which is understandable: the pain of multiple compiler C++ support is
> too much for mere mortals.

It is frequently possible to unbreak the build just from reading the
log. In practice this isn't that different from Darwin vs Linux,
except that MSVC likes to break more often. :)

> Anyways, that buildbot only checks one msvc compiler (right?). It is not
> infrequent a broken build on some compiler version for a long time.

Right. If we get developers who care about MSVC (and want to do
something about it) they are welcome to fix this.

 - Daniel