[LLVMdev] "masm syntax" for X86 backend

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Mon Aug 3 11:27:27 PDT 2009

On Aug 3, 2009, at 11:23 AM, Aaron Gray wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> It would be good to get to try to get it as functional as possible
> at some point, before abandoning it..maye once I have one the COFF
> backend.

I'm not proposing to remove COFF support from the asmprinter, just
masm support.  Using gas will continue to work fine.

>  Anyway I wll report back when I have a proper overview of the area,
> it would be good if you could also look into the problem so contact
> me back if you are, also it maybe a good idea to share this with
> Anton and Evan.

I already spoke to anton.  The MASM support is clearly broken, it
generates .s files with typos for the directives and has other
problems.  Anton thinks it should be removed.

-Chris