[LLVMdev] Union type efforts and ComputeLinearIndex

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 07:45:24 PDT 2009

I am curious how the efforts were progressing in implementing a union type. I am will to try to contribute somewhat to this even though I am perhaps somewhat of a beginner with LLVM(so it might be nice to collaborate with someone). I had a look at some of the subsystems that would require changes though I may have missed some.

I however have a few questions-

1) What is ComputeLinearIndex for specifically? I would expect that perhaps the RTTI stuff in there might need to support a new case for a union type.

2) The subsystems I have catalogued that probably need patching are AsmParser, BitCode(Reader/Writer), Target, CodeGen and some stuff in VMCore. Did I miss anything?

Thanks in advance.