[LLVMdev] Building LLVM 2.5 on CENTOS 5.3

Sarah Thompson plodger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 22:42:45 PDT 2009

Just to give closure here, I eventually gave up, built an Ubuntu 9
VMWare image which uses gcc 4.3.2 by default, installed Eclipse
Ganymede and various other tools, then built LLVM 2.5 and my own code.
It all ran fine. There is clearly something broken in the CentOS gcc43
package. Definitely one to avoid.

[s]