[LLVMdev] Adding structures in a loop pass

Kshitiz Garg ksh.cseiitk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 21:30:26 PDT 2009

Devang,
Let me reframe my question.I require to keep this extra information as
a structure so as to pass it around to other functions which require
it. Specifically I am working on CellBE and wish to DMA this
information to the SPEs The way of adding the information by PHI nodes
will not suffise since the information may be very large in some cases
which will need to be transfered by a DMA rather than by parameter
passing.

 From what I know it is not allowed  to modify anything outside the
loop's scope in a loop pass. A runonFunction method will run on
functions and probably able to add this new struct type to the module.
Can you provide me pointers towards obtaining loops inside
runOnFunction method?

Thanks,
Kshitiz